Due to constraints from a continuous integration service that I am using, I found
myself converting from capybara-webkit
to poltergeist for my headless
as simple as
Unfortunately I discovered that after this simple substitution some of my features
involving asynchronous requests began to fail intermittently. By
of the points of failure I discovered that calls to
find(selector).click did not
I cannot say whether the root cause has to do with element visibility, CSS
to trigger them, however I -did- find that switching to
find(selector).trigger('click') solved my problem.
Somewhat annoying considering this behavior "just worked" in capybara-webkit, but I suppose I'll have to live with it for now.
For posterity here are the versions I hit this issue with:
- capybara: 2.0.2
- poltergeist: 1.1.0